What we accept
We publish books that are compelling in their message of faith and/or lifestyle in Christ, well written,
first-rate in physical presentation, and competitive in price. For this reason,
Inscript is selective of the books we publish. We welcome first time authors. We are interested in publishing ONLY the following types of original titles (no reprints):
We look for books that give practical and spiritual advice designed to help the reader grow closer in
faith in the Lord and in worship, praise, discipleship, fellowship, prayer and/or fasting. This includes, but is not limited to, devotionals and Bible study guides, but no Bibles.
We accept biographies,
memoirs, and autobiographies.
We also seek books that help the reader achieve a greater level of excellence in pastoral or lay ministry, including preaching, teaching, church administration, nonprofit administration, ministry resources, evangelism and compassionate outreach.
We seek books with compelling stories involving one or more characters facing life’s struggles and relying on their faith in the Lord to help them through. No horror. We will consider romances, fantasy, science fiction, children’s books, historical fiction, ethnic fiction, humorous fiction and suspense.
We will not consider for publication any book, regardless of genre, that:
1) Contains material that is objectionable to a general Christian audience. Books containing obscene language, graphic sex scenes or situations, or excessive violence will not be considered.
2) Books that contain views contrary to biblical principles, according to our interpretation, will also not be considered.
3) Contains slanderous or libelous content, even in fictional settings.
4) Contains less than 32,000 words, or 75 pages when printed (except
5) Has been previously published, unless the author
can present proof that the publishing contract is no longer in effect.
We offer the standard book trim sizes of 5” x 8” softcover, 5.5” x 8.5” softcover and hardcover, and 6” x 9” softcover and hardcover.
We also offer other trim sizes and specifications as needed.
About Inscript Publishing Services
Inscript Publishing Services is a self-publishing and
copy editing service of
Publishers. Inscript helps to get undiscovered authors to the market
by providing affordable self-publishing services, including printing,
binding, copy editing, cover design, interior design and distribution of their
books. However, Inscript differs from the typical self-publishing
company in the following ways:
- The author receives all
production files, enabling them to re-publish their books elsewhere,
if needed, without incurring additional costs from us. The author
retains all copyrights.
other companies, we do not accept everything that comes in the door. As we are committed to publishing quality product, we are
selective as to the books that we publish. See acceptance criteria,
- Our pricing structure is simple, allowing you to easily
determine the final cost of your project.
- No hidden fees or unnecessary charges.
Ready to get started? Here's what's next
begin the process by completing our easy web form below (do not use our
email address or any other method to submit your materials; use the form
only). Please ensure you have the following information and
materials before completing the form:
- The full work, in Word or
- Title and any subtitle of your work
- Total number of
chapters in the entire work
- Total number of words in the entire work
- If you are submitting your own cover, a press-ready cover design in
either Adobe PDF or JPG format (please ensure all images in the design
are at least 300 dpi).
- A paragraph or two, 250 words or less,
describing your work.
- Your name and any pen name, if applicable
paragraph or two, 250 words or less, describing how you plan to promote
and/or market your work once published.
- A list of the names of any
other books you have published
Upon providing and submitting the
above information, you will be contacted via email within 3-5 business
days. Should we
decide to accept your work for publication, we will send you a contract
to review and sign, along with an invoice listing the required charges.
At least 1/3 of the invoice must be paid upon submission of the
contract. Another 1/3 must be paid before the final proofs are
presented. The final 1/3 must be paid before delivery of any author
Ready to get started? Click
for our web form
. Have more questions? Check out our
Frequently Asked Questions Page
, or click
here to send us an
Copyediting and Additional
The following additional services are
extra and are not included in the base price. These services may
also be engaged individually and separately from the base package above:
- Copy editing and content editing.
- Registration of
copyright with U.S. Copyright Office.
- Cover design.
Preparation of promotional materials (brochures, displays, sell
sheets, bookmarks, etc.).
- Books in addition to those included in the base pricing package.
- Optional distribution to online markets, including Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, Google Play,
Self-Publishing Services Provided
We provide the following services, which are
included with every base pricing package:
- Interior book layout and
design, both e-book and print.
- Assign ISBN number.
- Request Library of Congress
- Affix bar code.
- Custom web page on Dove Christian Publishers' web site.
- Web promotions, including advertising, social media posts, and review solicitation.
- Regular information and updates to help you promote and market your book
- Fifteen free author copies (additional books are extra).
- Competitive royalties for books sold through our website or on other online markets. See
Inscript Publishing Services
© 2019 Kingdom Christian Enterprises
PO Box 611, Bladensburg, MD 20710
Copy Editing and Editorial Services for Authors